Here’s what’s great about Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill: Whether you’re looking to grab a bite with your buddies, take the family out eat, or even have dinner and drinks on date night, Z’Tejas is the perfect go-to hot spot .
Since its founding, Z’Tejas has been serving Southwestern cuisine with bold, flavorful twists to its legion of loyal followers. Z’Tejas’ chefs create authentic, memorable dishes with only the best, fresh ingredients. Mexican classics like Chili Pork Verde, Smoked Chicken Chile Relleno, and Grilled Shrimp Tostada Bites can be found on the menu. And all this is done in an atmosphere that makes Z’Tejas feel like your favorite neighborhood restaurant and with a staff that makes every customer feel like a VIP.
READ ALSO: Here are the Ranking Arizona Top 10 lists for 2022
Before we get to the food, can we talk a little bit about what makes Z’Tejas go from being sensational to being spectacular? We’re talking about daisies. Hands down, Z’Tejas is a must-try destination for all margarita lovers or those looking for the perfect Happy Hour destination. Some favorites include the Organic Margarita (Maestro Dobel Tequila, lime juice and agave for $12), the Strawberry Watermelon Margarita (Gran Centenario Blanco Tequila, Monin strawberry and watermelon syrups, lime juice, agave, and Tajin for $11), and the Paradise Margarita (signature Z’Tejas Margarita, Gran Marnier, flavor choice of mango, peach, strawberry, watermelon or raspberry for $12).
While the margaritas are a better-than-great opening act, it’s Z’Tejas’ food that is truly the star of the show. And that’s what you’ll love about Z’Tejas — you’ve already hit a high note and you haven’t even hit the main courses yet. But here are some highlights when you do:
• The Diablo Pasta ($13) is one of Z’Tejas’ signature dishes and you will quickly understand why. It’s a perfect blend of spinach and red pepper linguine, spicy cream sauce, Cotija cheese and jalapeños that has just the right amount of kick without delivering a knockout punch.
• If you want to try a true Southwestern staple, you’ll be hard-pressed to find better fajitas that the sizzling sensations served at Z’Tejas. The chicken ($19), steak ($25), cilantro pesto shrimp ($25) and vegetarian ($16) and all equally fabulous on the deliciousness meter.
• You also cannot go wrong with the Santa Fe Enchiladas, which features house-smoked chicken with a red chile sauce ($15), barbecue beef with a green Chile sauce ($16), or cheese enchiladas with green and red sauces ($13).
• The big sleeper on the menu might be the best comfort food entree available in Metro Phoenix: The Chicken Fried Chicken or Steak ($17), which is smothered with the best jalapeño-chorizo gravy you will ever taste.
The Baja Catfish Tacos ($12), Street Tacos ($12) and the Z’Chopped Salad ($16) are some other cannot-miss choices on a menu packed with highlights.
There is a reason Z’Tejas has been a Valley favorite for more than 30 years. Great food. Great drinks. Great service. Great atmosphere. All that adds up to a dining experience that will keep you coming back for more.
• 7221 W. Ray Rd., Chandler
• 300 N. Hayden Rd., Suite D-101, Scottsdale
New summer menu at Z’Tejas
As the official start of Summer approaches, Z’Tejas has announced its new seasonal menu. Executive Chef Diego Bolanos aims to highlight special ingredients in this new menu that includes small plates, entrees, desserts and craft cocktails. This menu will be available at both Z’Tejas locations now through September.
The new menu includes:
Crab Artichoke Dip – crab, artichoke, spinach, mushrooms, fresh herbs and served with tortilla chips.
Devil Eggs – hardboiled eggs seasoned with mustard, jalapeno bacon, jalapeno peppers, Z’Sausage and siracha.
Berry Steak Salad – baby arugula, skirt steak, cilantro pesto, fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, topped with a goat cheese fritter and mango lime dressing.
14oz Pork Chop with Agave Pineapple Sauce – Seared bone-in center-cut pork chop, fresh herbs, poblano and cheese mashed potatoes, with ancho balsamic seasonal vegetables.
Seared Mahi-Mahi – Mahi-Mahi, fennel barley risotto, spinach, mushrooms, fennel mint salad.
Caribbean Chicken – Braised Caribbean chicken thighs, coconut sauce, mango avocado relish, rich and wide balsamic seasonal vegetables.
Mango Coconut Cheesecake Parfait
Coconut Cookie and Blood Orange Sorbet