Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Tongs for grilling
Thermometer for meat
Knife for steak
2 steaks ribeye
2 tsp. coarse sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 2 teaspoons brown sugar
/1/4 tsp garlic salt 14 tsp onion powder
1/4 tablespoon turmeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 heaping tablespoons garlic butter 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, and fresh parsley per steak
1.Rub together in a bowl. Rub the rub over both sides of each steak and pat it down. Allow the steaks to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
2. Pat the seasoning down on the rib eye steak.
3. Preheat the outdoor grill to high heat (450-500 degrees). With the lid open, sear the steaks for 3 minutes per side.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks are done to your liking (130 degrees F for medium-rare).
5. Grilling two rib eye steaks Remove the steaks from the grill and brush with 1 tablespoon of the garlic butter compound butter. Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut steaks across the grain.
6. Close-up of grilled rib eye steak with garlic butter dripping from it
Allow the steaks to reach room temperature first. This takes about 30 minutes and ensures even cooking.
Pat your rib eye steak rub down thoroughly! Patting down the seasoning gives the meat a perfect grill crust.
Allow the steaks to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into them.
Always cut steak across the grain.
When checking for the desired degree of doneness, use a meat thermometer for the best results.
Saturated Fat: 14g
Vitamin A: 434IU
Vitamin C: 1mg